4.3.17 – Director Library & Learning Services
American Intercontinental University (AIU), USA
Sarah P’s comments: Looks like a new position from a university who has not previously posted remote positions. Reviews: Glassdoor and GradReports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision and leadership for the development of library resources, learning services and policies.
- Develop short and long range plans for the library that support the goals of the university and ensure compliance with all accreditation standards.
- Implements procedures to ensure effective administration of library operations.
- Develop and implement a program of library orientation and information literacy instruction that supports the instructional program and teaches lifelong learning skills.
- Direct the efficiency of the learning service area including, student tutors, available hours and tracking of the success labs.
- Maintain records and statistics on library to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Identify and implement student and faculty outreach based on results of assessment (readiness) and/or inquiry.
- Partner with academic leadership to ensure content selected for library supports the variety of programs of study delivered by the institution.
- Work with Corporate Legal and provide the appropriate training copyright issues and implementation of CEC copyright policies and contracts.
- Effectively utilizes digital tools to communicate with students, peers and community members.
- Develop, evaluate and maintain library services and resources to support student and faculty institutional needs.
- Provide leadership to students and faculty through support and assistance on the utilization of the library facilities.
- Promote and encourage the ethical use of information by faculty and students
- Develop core library collection and lists for new programs.
- Review usage data and evaluate effectiveness of the library resources and services as part of the continuous improvement process.
- Promote and encourage the ethical use of information by faculty and students.
- Coordinate the activities of the Learning Resource Center including assessment, scheduling tutors/student workers, managing operational hours and supervising faculty/mentors as indicated.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the ground campus Librarians and Learning Services staff.
- Communicate with the ground campus librarian to be certain of changing guidelines, legislation, trends and emerging technology affecting library Resources and services.
- Attend training and development meetings as assigned.
- Complete the required Institutional Effectiveness reports.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
This is a remote position
Education and Experience:
- Masters of Library Science (MLS) or Masters of Library & Information Science (MLIS)
Education and Experience:
- Terminal Degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Comprehensive understanding of all academic programs and operations
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint and CampusVue
- Ability to treat all issues with objectivity, and neutrality, emphasizing student service
- Strong Listening Skills
- Project Management / Time Management Skills
- Conflict Management Skills
- Ability to apply and adapt policies and procedures to resolve issues
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Passion for students and education