8.16.16 – Guadalajara International Book Fair
The celebration of the Guadalajara International Book Fair is coming, with America Latina as Guest of Honor. If you are looking for books in Spanish this is the chance to get firsthand access to more than 300,000 titles for your library with more than 1,900 publishers from all around the world.
The deadline is getting near, register and join more than 20,000 professionals of the industry to talk about business and celebrate literature. All of this is possible by applying to the ALA Free Pass Program which offers you the following benefits:
Three nights of lodging for free (six if sharing room with another ALA member)
- A badge to enter the fair for nine days (no registration fee)
- Publication of data in the Professionals Catalog
- Access to services in the Business Center for professionals
- $100 USD airfare reimbursement (courtesy of ALA)
- Additional $100 USD or $1600 Mexican pesos of airfare support for the first 100 librarians that have been accepted in the ALA Free Pass Program and have purchased their ticket before October 2nd
Deadline to apply: September 4t
8/8/15 – ALA Free Pass Program for the Guadalajara International Book Fair (FIL)
Guadalajara International Book Fair (FIL) is the most important event in the Spanish Language, the doorway to the most recent Spanish language publications in Latin America and Spain. Here in one place is the finest selection for your Spanish readers to make your library the best in your town or city.
FIL offers a wide array of opportunities, rich in contents and authors, representing a core meeting between the Ibero-American publishing industry and the world. Come and apply to the ALA Free Pass Program, you will enjoy our beloved bookfair. Visit the fair where Spanish is the seed that has sprouted hundreds of thousands of books. More than 20,000 book professionals from all over the world are doing it already.
It is simple and easy. Register now and get three nights of lodging for free, three continental breakfasts, free registration, $100 USD airfare reimbursement (courtesy of ALA), an additional $100 of airfare support for the first 100 librarians that have been accepted in the ALA Free Pass Program and have purchased their ticket before October 2nd, among a dozen other benefits.
Submission deadline: September 4th, 2015
The ALA Free Pass program is available to all ALA-member acquisition or selection librarians, in particular those involved in Latin American collection development.
ALA Free Pass program will provide:
- $100 USD contribution for airfare, courtesy of ALA.
- 3 nights at the Guadalajara Plaza Ejecutivo López Mateos Hotel, breakfast included (or 6 nights sharing a room with a colleague) courtesy of FIL
- FIL 2015 registration fee
- Additional $100 USD reimbursement towards airfare costs, courtesy of FIL (for the first 100 registrations who send their purchased ticket BEFORE OCTOBER 2nd)
- ALA FIL Gala Dinner (provided by the sponsorship of publishers and distributors)
Applicants to the Free Pass Program must be personal and active members of ALA. For ALA membership information, please contact: ALA International Relations Office, Delin Guerra by tel.: 1-800-545-2433, ext. 3201, e-mail: email@example.com