3/19/15 – Access Services Librarian
NYU (New York University) Shanghai, China
Sarah P’s comments: NYU posted four positions in 2014 including the Director position and they appear to be continuing their expansion. For more information see my Spotlight on Ray Pun, an American librarian currently working for NYU Shanghai. No reviews on working for this campus that I can find.
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent graduate LIS degree
- Two years experience in access, instruction, and/or reference services
- High degree of facility with technologies and systems in academic library and information services, including experience with an integrated library management system
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal oral and written English language skills
- Demonstrated experience with strong customer service focus and developing creative solutions for library services.
- Ability to be flexible to the growing demands of the NYU Shanghai Library and NYU Division of Libraries communities.
NYU Shanghai is the newest degree-granting campus within the NYU Global Network University. It is the first Sino-US higher education joint venture to grant a degree that is accredited in the US as well as in China. New York Universitys Global Network University is established as an organically connected, multi-site network that encompasses key global cities and intellectual capitals. The network has three degree-granting campuses – New York, Shanghai, and Abu Dhabi – complemented by eleven additional academic centers across five continents.
The Library of NYU Shanghai will deliver and coordinate a wide range of academic services that support the teaching, learning and research of NYU Shanghais faculty and students. Drawing on the resources of the libraries at NYU New York, the NYU Shanghai library provides an opportunity to create a forward-looking 21st century library program and facility to serve a culturally diverse and academically talented population.
Salary/Benefits: Faculty status and an attractive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience and background.
To Apply: To ensure consideration, send CV and letter of application, including the name, address, and telephone number of three references to: Enrique Yanez, Director of Human Resources, New York University Libraries, 70 Washington Square South, New York, NY 10012 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs will be considered starting in April until the position is filled.