The primary goals of this 24-hour, worldwide event are to:
- demonstrate the power of global connectivity in classrooms, schools, institutions of informal learning and universities around the world
- introduce others to the collaborative tools, resources and projects that are available to educators today
- to focus attention on the need for developing globally competent students and teachers throughout the world
Global Collaboration Day will take place on September 15 in participant time zones. Classrooms, schools, and organizations will design and host engaging online activities for others to join. Events will range from mystery location calls to professional development events to interviews with experts. All events will be collated in an online calendar viewable in participants’ individual time zones. Participants will be connected on Twitter via the hashtag #globaled16.
An optional new activity this year will be the Great Global Project Challenge. Between now and October 1, 2016, global educators will design collaborative projects using a variety of platforms in which other students and teachers may participate during the course of the 2016-2017 school year. The objective is to create and present as many globally connective projects for students and educators as possible. The final deadline for submissions into our project directory is October 1, but participants are also encouraged to do an introductory activity for their project on Global Collaboration Day as well.
Global Collaboration Day is a project of the Global Education Conference Network, a free online virtual conference that takes place every November during International Education Week. GCD, along with Global Education Day at ISTE and Global Leadership Week, are events designed to connect educators and keep global conversations going year round.
For more information about Global Collaboration Day, please visit our main web site. A digital flyer is also available for distribution.
Follow us on social media:
- Site: http://bit.ly/2016GCD
- Digital Flyer: https://www.smore.com/km4hj
- Hashtag: #globaled16
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GlobalEdCon
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/globaledcon/
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/113486387602008324050
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/globaledcon
- LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/2Lnl7
- Paper.li: http://paper.li/elemenous/global-education
- Diigo: https://groups.diigo.com/group/globaleducation
- Join us for Global Collaboration Day! Details here: http://bit.ly/2016GCD #globaled16
- YOUR ORG’S TWITTER HANDLE is pleased to partner with @GlobalEdCon and educators around the globe for Global Collaboration Day: http://bit.ly/2016GCD
- Are you an education leader? Inspire global collaboration on Global Collaboration Day 9/15. http://bit.ly/2016GCD #globaled16
- Learn more about participating in the Global Collaboration Day celebration: http://bit.ly/2016GCD #globaled16
- Project hosts are sought for Global Collaboration Day. Details here: http://bit.ly/2016GCD #globaled16
Interested in serving as an outreach partner?
Send an email to Lucy Gray (email@example.com) indicating your interest. Include information on how you can help us get the word out to networks with 5000 members or more.
Interested in serving as a sponsor?
Contact Steve Hargadon (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information on opportunities to connect authentically with highly connected global educators. We can feature your organization and let our network of 23K+ members know about your globally oriented products and services.